Due to privacy legislation, Knox Orthopaedic Group (KOG) requires patient consent to collect personal information. KOG collects patient information in order to create a medical record and to ensure optimal and accurate management of your information. The information provided will be used in the following ways:
- Contacting patients by phone pre-operatively and/or post-operatively where necessary
- Compliance with Medicare and Health Insurance Commission requirements.
Disclosure to other parties involved in your medical care
- other treating doctors or specialists
- hospital booking staff outside KOG.
- referral for medical tests and X-rays
- forwarding of reports or results to other treating doctors.
Due to the privacy laws, results cannot be given to a third party unless written authorization is obtained or under special circumstances.